Help Bhakti Rasayana Sagar Swami to root out offendersHanuman das
His Holiness Bhakti Rasayana Sagar Swami mercifully educated us how we can help in rooting out the greatest evil of our time – internet blasphemy.
In his post from yesterday evening, Maharaja is asking us to sign the petition:
Here is the content of the petition together with my comments:
Please accept our humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
It’s unfortunately not a secret for too many of us that there’s a lot of blasphemous information on the internet directed at our senior leadership, our diksa and siksa gurus. Certain personalities even made this offensive propaganda into their exclusive engagement. And, unfortunately, due to the lack of strong action, this tendency grows like a cancerous tumor. The offenders are considering themselves as propagators of the “pure bhakti” and effectively causing anarchy and factions in our ISKCON Movement, against all the instructions of HDG Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.
Yes, there is a lot of blasphemous information. And we should never consider if that information is true or not, we should reject it completely.
Certain personalities decided to make offensive propaganda by quoting Srila Prabhupada too much. This was our mistake. His Holiness Kirtananda Swami and his Holiness Radhanath Swami have shown us long ago how to deal with offenders. They punished Sulocana properly for his offenses. After they performed their strong action, Sulocana never criticized again. But unfortunately, today’s leaders are too weak. Instead of killing offenders, they are just banning them. I don’t think this will work in the long run.
And now we need strong action. Maharaja, unfortunately, failed to mention what kind of strong action he proposed. It’s not that I am criticizing him, but I want to contribute by adding a few suggestions:
- Any ISKCON member who is caught viewing offensive materials will be punished in the following way: His wife will not be allowed to perform boobs bhajans in front of brahmacaris and sannyasis.
- Any ISKCON member who is caught sharing offensive materials will have to give a donation to all GBC members, ISKCON gurus, and sannyasis. Minimum donation per person is $10.
- Any ISKCON member who is caught discussing offensive content will be punished by not being allowed to give any kind of lectures, even on home programs.
- Any ISKCON member who is caught supporting or propagating offensive content will be severely punished. If he is full time brahmacari, he will have to move to Siberia and perform penance there. If he is grhasta, his wife will have to cover her boobs while performing bhajans.
- And any ISKCON member who is creating offensive content will be punished by death. We need to incorporate death squads, that will allows us to create a peaceful and prosperous society.
We understand that these individuals must have some grievances not effectively addressed by the management structure, which causes them to act in such a destructive manner, which is also important to address. But at the same time we cannot and should not tolerate such personal attacks on our respectable senior leaders, involving us in the offenses and their reactions.
No, these individuals are pure evil. They should not be allowed to have any grievances. Nobody should have any grievances, because everything that is done by pure devotees is already perfect. As wise Radhanath baba is teaching us, if you see faults on the outside, the only reason why you see them is because they resonate in your heart, those same faults are present in your heart.
Therefore, police officers, prosecutors and judges are the very evil people, because they are constantly looking for faults which don’t exist.
For both of the reasons we, the undersigned, are humbly requesting our GBC Body to please take a very strong action in the form of complete ban on the internet blasphemy, as well as creating effective grievance redress systems for all and every ISKCON community worldwide.
In addition, I would request all my readers to contribute knives, bats, chains and other equipment which would be used to implement “very strong action” against offenders. If you happen to have a photo of Sulocana, please contribute it, this can also be used to scare the offenders.